The all new Android 4.4 KitKat for Nexus 4 is already available now with a ported AOSP ROM from the Android 4.4 SDK. This new Android version KitKat was announced yesterday by Google, along with the new Nexus 5, Google’ new Smartphone. Android 4.4 KitKat for Nexus 4 will be available in coming weeks, many of the people can’t wait any longer can install this AOSP ROM and try out Android 4.4 KitKat. You can update By following the tutorial given below, you can update your Nexus 4 to Android 4.4 KitKat AOSP ROM custom firmware. This is not an official release by LG/Google, this is just a custom ROM which of course requires a ClockworkMod Recovery in order to flash the ROM. It is recommended that you create a backup of all your data before proceeding with the tutorial
NOTE: The Custom ROM used above is not developed by us, flash the ROM at your own risk.
Get the USB Drivers!
In this tutorial you will be asked to connect your phone to the PC, so install the USB Drivers for LG NEXUS 4 before proceeding with the tutorial.
- Download Android 4.4 AOSP ROM from here and Download Google Apps for Nexus 4 on your PC
- Connect your phone to your computer using the USB cable in the USB mode
- Now copy the downloaded files [Android 4.4 ROM zip and Google Apps zip] to your SD card’s ROOT folder
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and turn it off
- Turn ON the phone in Bootloader Mode [Recovery Mode]. Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons.
- In the ClockworkMod Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset”
- Now, click on “wipe cache partition”
- Click on “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Return to the main screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose a zip from SD-card”. Navigate to the “Android 4.4 ROM” zip file that you copied to your SD. Click on Yes
Repeat the above steps to flash Google Apps also.
Now, you can enjoy Android 4.4 KitKat on your Nexus 4